When you are traveling in Cambodia, a good number of tourism traders speak English (mainly hotels). At the market, to negotiate prices, sign language and having a calculator helps to do your business. But don't you ever get frustrated that you don't speak Khmer? I have just given you some reasons to learn Khmer but I share with you my real reasons to learn this language.
My real reasons to learn Khmer
The feeling of pride
My other reasons to learn Khmer
1/ Learn Khmer so as not to forget where I come from
2/ Learn Khmer to exchange with locals while traveling but especially with my family
3/Learn Khmer to then hope to train all the people who would like to learn
This title may seem strange to you. On this blog, I will learn Khmer on my own step by step, I will use the materials at my disposal and I will share all my tips and advice with you. When I have a sufficient level, I may be able to give lessons. In the meantime, let's start at the beginning: learning 🙂
And you then why would you want to learn Khmer?
Featured photo credit: https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/monk-sit-on-shore-angor-wat-441755083 https://www.shutterstock.com/image-photo/monk-sit-on-shore-angor-wat-441755083
Choose your Khmer teacher
Progress faster by taking lessons with your Khmer teacher
- Learn Khmer slowly but surely, if we can do it
- Learn to speak Khmer by finding native speakers
- Speak Khmer in 3 months
- Effective learning methods to master Khmer pronunciation
- The Khmer alphabet
- The basics of Khmer grammar
- Tips for Pronouncing Khmer
- Count in Khmer with the basics without the fuss
- Say I love you in Cambodian
- Say thank you in Cambodian
- English Khmer translation: Complete guide
- Common expressions and useful phrases for daily communication in Khmer
- Common mistakes learners of Khmer make and how to avoid them
- Daily Khmer to learn Khmer
- “Easy Cambodian” to learn Khmer
- Learn Khmer: The best books and apps to help you
- Which French Khmer dictionary ?
- Learn Khmer on video
- How to learn Khmer online
- How to improve your understanding of Khmer through cultural elements ?
- Study Khmer in France
- The different establishments to learn Khmer
- The best films about Cambodia
- Cultural differences to know when learning Khmer
- Where and how to find a teacher to learn Khmer ?
Around the language