Saying thank you in Cambodian is not difficult. You will use thank you in Khmer to express your gratitude to Cambodians.
How to say thank you in Cambodian?
Khmer, a mono-Khmer language spoken in Cambodia, Vietnam, Laos, Thailand and a number of other countries by approximately 8 million people.
This article provides all the possible translations of the word "thank you" in the Khmer language, very useful when you want to learn Cambodian . learning cambodian.
There is “ar kun” or Ar-k oon or “orkun” or “orkurn” or âu kŭn or “awkon”. Several sites spell it different ways , but the one that seems best to me is "Orkun". Want to know how to say thank you in Cambodian? It's done 🙂
For "thank you very much" you can say "Orkurn chran".
And say “no thank you” in Khmer?
Saying "thank you" is an expression of gratitude or politeness , in response to something done or given. It can also be interesting and useful to know how to say “ no thank you ” in Cambodian. expression de gratitude ou de politesse, en réponse à quelque chose fait ou donné. Il peut être également intéressant et utile de savoir dire « non merci » en cambodgien.
By learning to say "no thank you" in Khmer, you will be able to politely express your lack of intention to buy anything during your shopping, or at the market.
You can simply say “ort te, or kun” (ort-TAY or-KUN) which literally means “no, thank you”.
Although many Cambodians (especially younger ones) speak quite good English, knowing a few Khmer phrases will warm locals' hearts and bring a few smiles – and even better business 😉
Read thank you in Cambodian
Although we don't know how to read Khmer, I still put the writing in Khmer of the word "thank you" that you can see in official papers, at the airport, in newspapers or on websites.
Pronounce “thank you” in Cambodian
Rather than words, here is a video where this Frenchman pronounces "thank you" rather not badly in Khmer
Choose your Khmer teacher
Progress faster by taking lessons with your Khmer teacher
- Learn Khmer slowly but surely, if we can do it
- Learn to speak Khmer by finding native speakers
- Speak Khmer in 3 months
- Effective learning methods to master Khmer pronunciation
- The Khmer alphabet
- The basics of Khmer grammar
- Tips for Pronouncing Khmer
- Count in Khmer with the basics without the fuss
- Say I love you in Cambodian
- English Khmer translation: Complete guide
- Common expressions and useful phrases for daily communication in Khmer
- Common mistakes learners of Khmer make and how to avoid them
- Daily Khmer to learn Khmer
- “Easy Cambodian” to learn Khmer
- Learn Khmer: The best books and apps to help you
- Which French Khmer dictionary ?
- Learn Khmer on video
- How to learn Khmer online
- How to improve your understanding of Khmer through cultural elements ?
- Study Khmer in France
- The different establishments to learn Khmer
- The best films about Cambodia
- Cultural differences to know when learning Khmer
- Where and how to find a teacher to learn Khmer ?
Around the language