For my learning of the Khmer language, I decided to use all possible means. I came across a video that I found great for learning Khmer on video.
Learn Khmer on video with Learn Cambodia with Khema
I discovered this video while doing some research on the internet and I must say that it caught my attention. As I try to learn Khmer alone (without a teacher) I found this video interesting.
Khema is French of Cambodian origin, a bit like me. She has created videos (a series of ten) to help people like you and me learn Khmer . In my learning, I will watch them all and give you a feedback on APLEKH 🙂 What I appreciate in
What I appreciate in this video is her impeccable French accent and her ability to speak Khmer without the French accent ! As I do not yet know how to pronounce Khmer well , I will be able to watch this video several times to accustom my ear.
What you will learn in this video
Khema explains how to introduce yourself in Cambodian and gives you a vocabulary list
Bonjour: Hello (Chom-reap-sour) Je m'appelle… .: My name is… Khniom chhmourh…. Mon nom est _____: My name is ____ (Chhmourh roboh khniom ku) J'ai… ans: I am ____ years old (Khniom a-jouk _____ chhnarm) Nationnalité: Nationality (sang-cheat) បារាំង (Khniom sang-cheat (= choncheat) barang) Je suis une fille: ខ្ញុំ ជា ស្រី (Khniom chea srey) Je suis un garçon: ខ្ញុំ ជា ប្រុស (Khniom chea proh) Je suis élève: Khniom chea seuh Je suis _____: ខ្ញុំ ជា ____ (Khniom chea) élève: និស្សិត (ni-seut (= seuh)) école: សាលា (sa-la) vouloir: ចង់ (chang) travailler: ធ្វើការ (thveu-kar) apprendre: រៀន (riean) langues: ភាសា danser: រាំ (roarm) chanter: ច្រៀង (chrieang) jouer: លេង (léng) intelligent (e): ឆ្លាត (chhlart) timide: អៃ ន (eean) pour situer un lieu, pour dire «à», «au»: នៅ ( neuy) Cambodge: កម្ពុជា (karm-pu-chear) / ស្រុ ខ្មែរ (srok khmer)
What I learned in this video
I have learned:
- useful vocabulary to introduce oneself in Cambodian vocabulaire utile pour se présenter en cambodgien
- to say hello in Khmer (I already know how to do that 😉 )
- the structure of the sentence “I am.. . » > « khniom chea » which will allow you to make short sentences, a good start! structure de la phrase « je suis... » > « khniom chea » qui va permettre de faire des phrases courtes, un bon début !
- it is a somewhat "barbaric" language if I want to say "I want to work" in Khmer it is said "khniom chang thveu-kar" which I translate as "I want to work" it is easier without conjugation is it not? 😀 langue un peu « barbare » si je veux dire « je veux travailler » en khmer ça se dit « khniom chang thveu-kar » que je traduis par « moi vouloir travailler » c’est plus facile sans conjugaison n’est-ce pas ? 😀
- that learning Khmer on video can go very quickly to know how to speak Khmer
Thanks to Khema for this video!
Choose your Khmer teacher
Progress faster by taking lessons with your Khmer teacher
- Learn Khmer slowly but surely, if we can do it
- Learn to speak Khmer by finding native speakers
- Speak Khmer in 3 months
- Effective learning methods to master Khmer pronunciation
- The Khmer alphabet
- The basics of Khmer grammar
- Tips for Pronouncing Khmer
- Count in Khmer with the basics without the fuss
- Say I love you in Cambodian
- Say thank you in Cambodian
- English Khmer translation: Complete guide
- Common expressions and useful phrases for daily communication in Khmer
- Common mistakes learners of Khmer make and how to avoid them
- Daily Khmer to learn Khmer
- “Easy Cambodian” to learn Khmer
- Learn Khmer: The best books and apps to help you
- Which French Khmer dictionary ?
- How to learn Khmer online
- How to improve your understanding of Khmer through cultural elements ?
- Study Khmer in France
- The different establishments to learn Khmer
- The best films about Cambodia
- Cultural differences to know when learning Khmer
- Where and how to find a teacher to learn Khmer ?
Around the language