Counting in Khmer is a very useful thing in Cambodia. In Khmer , figures and numbers also count in any learning of the Khmer language . You will need to know the numbers in Cambodian especially if you plan to move to Cambodia.
Learn to count in Khmer
I don't really have a method for learning to count in Khmer. I just work by logic.
I first learn the numbers from 0 to 9, then I learn the numbers by tens and a few hundreds and thousands. I think it's already not bad and even enough to get by in a conversation with a Cambodian because I can't see myself learning big numbers like "12,023" or "489,764" -_-
6: bram muoy
7: bram pir
8: bram bei
9: bram buon
11: dob muoy
12: dob pir
13: dob bei
14: dob buon
15: dob bram
16: dob bram muoy
17: dob bram pir
18: dob bram bei
19: dob bram buon
21: mphei muoy
22: mphei pir
23: mphei bei
24: mphei buon
25: mphei bram
26: mphei bram muoy
27: mphei bram pir
28: mphei bram bei
29: mphei bram buon
100: muoy roy
1 000: muoy pean
10 000: muoy meun
100 000: muoy sen
1 000 000: muoy lean
Learn to pronounce digits and numbers
There is no miracle cure to know how to pronounce the numbers well, you have to repeat and repeat 🙂
Here are two links you can check out to hear the pronunciation of digits and numbers in Khmer. It is true that by reading the translation in Cambodian above one cannot know if one pronounces well.
For the list of numbers of the first part you will find the pronunciation in this link , once the application is installed you click on the button "NUMBERS 123". You will see that it is easy to learn these numbers. 🙂
More information about numbers in Khmer here .
And you, so how do you learn to count Khmer?
Choose your Khmer teacher
Progress faster by taking lessons with your Khmer teacher
- Learn Khmer slowly but surely, if we can do it
- Learn to speak Khmer by finding native speakers
- Speak Khmer in 3 months
- Effective learning methods to master Khmer pronunciation
- The Khmer alphabet
- The basics of Khmer grammar
- Tips for Pronouncing Khmer
- Say I love you in Cambodian
- Say thank you in Cambodian
- English Khmer translation: Complete guide
- Common expressions and useful phrases for daily communication in Khmer
- Common mistakes learners of Khmer make and how to avoid them
- Daily Khmer to learn Khmer
- “Easy Cambodian” to learn Khmer
- Learn Khmer: The best books and apps to help you
- Which French Khmer dictionary ?
- Learn Khmer on video
- How to learn Khmer online
- How to improve your understanding of Khmer through cultural elements ?
- Study Khmer in France
- The different establishments to learn Khmer
- The best films about Cambodia
- Cultural differences to know when learning Khmer
- Where and how to find a teacher to learn Khmer ?
Around the language